Skip to content
January 17 2023
HUTCHINSON BUILDERS COMMENCE WORK ON $3MILLION MONARCH RESDIENCES SALES DISPLAY
- Hutchinson Builders has commenced work on site at 600 Coronation Drive to deliver the sales display for the $400m Monarch Residences being developed by Consolidated Properties Group.
- The site has been vacant for more than 15 years since the ABC left the site in 2006. Since then, the previous owner Sunland commenced approval for approximately 550 apartments across 3 towers however the approval was overturned following a court decision.
While Sunland’s full development did not proceed, they did construct an enormous 475m2 sales office. The existing building has a unique diamond shaped façade that gives passing rowers and kayakers the impression of a UFO hovering above the river’s edge.
- The existing building will be repurposed for the Monarch Residences sales office which will include cutting two large windows in the structure to open up the river views.
- The sales office will be completed early next year to align to the official sales launch of Monarch Residences on Saturday the 11th of March 2023.
- The Monarch Residences sales office will give an excellent perspective to Monarch buyers of what living right on the edge of the Brisbane river will feel like.
Consolidated Properties Group Head of Residential, James MacGinley, said “It is very rewarding to be working again with Hutchinson Builders. The sales display building is an amazing asset to have at our disposal and we are very fortunate that such a unique, well positioned structure exists on the site. It will perfectly showcase the display kitchen, bathroom and living areas of the Monarch Residences and most importantly, the incredible river views.”
The sales display sits on the riverfront parcel of land that will be resumed for the future Toowong-West End Green Bridge. Lord Mayor Adrian Shrinner recently announced that resumption discussions had now commenced with Consolidated Properties Group. Securing the land will allow the Brisbane City Council to retain their preferred alignment for the future bridge.
Don O’Rorke, Chairman of Consolidated Properties Group said, “While it is disappointing to lose one of the best riverfront apartment sites in Brisbane, we remain committed to supporting the Brisbane City Council in their vision for the green bridge. It undoubtedly provides a much needed connection between the riverfront communities of Toowong and West End.”
- The sales display follows the earlier rejuvenation of the site which included rehabilitating the 150 year old fig trees on Coronation Drive with over 4kms of fairy lights, that locals can now see lit up at night.
Monarch Residences will include 224 oversized apartments with 3 beds sized at up to 250m2 and the largest penthouse sized at over 400m2.